Each year, the Slocum Research & Education Foundation offers a number of $1,500 college scholarships to high school seniors who maintain high academic achievement, participate in extracurricular leadership activities at their school and demonstrate a commitment to community service.
The scholarship targets students who plan to pursue a healthcare-related career path. The Foundation has encouraged students to apply who have been influenced to pursue a health-related profession or degree as a result of personal experiences or challenges with health, illness or injury.
To access the 2020 program information visit: https://www.slocumfoundation.org/college-scholarship-program-application or click on the links in the right hand menu bar.
The 2019 College Scholarship Receipients were....
- Hayden Banks, South Eugene High School – Future firefighter/EMT
- Eliza Aronson, South Eugene High School – Future physician and researcher
- Kate Bakken, Springfield High School – Future OB/GYN
- Nellie Shoemaker, Crow High School – Future registered nurse
- Savanna Kyser, Churchill High School – Future gynecologist and researcher
- Taylor Bryant, Willamette High School – Future athletic trainer and physical therapist