The applicant pool for the in 2016 College Scholarship Program was one of the Slocum Foundation's most competitive yet. The talent among our graduating high school seniors extends well beyond their academic achievement to athletic accomplishments and outstanding effort to serve their schools and community through service projects and regular volunteerism. Supported by contributions from the currently practicing physicians at the Slocum Center, the Slocum Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce seven students have been selected to receive a one-time $1,500 scholarship this year. The Foundation's Annual Scholarship Reception will recognize our outstanding recipients on Thursday, May 19th at 5:00p. Award presentations will commence at 5:30p.
- Alonna Reeves of Pleasant Hill High School; headed to Oregon State University or University of Oregon.
- Reed Redding of Thurston High School; headed to Corban University or Oregon State University.
- Kendra Gee of Willamette High School; headed to University of Oregon or Western Oregon University.
- Rylan Larsen of Crow Middle/High School; headed to George Fox University, University of Oregon, Pacific University, Oregon State University or Concordia University.
- Emmalyn Lindsey of South Eugene High School; headed to Oregon State University, Harvey Mudd College or Carnegie Mellon University.
- Megan Groves of Churchill High School; headed to Johns Hopkins University or Emory University.
- Adrienne Banks of South Eugene High School; headed to Williams College.