The Slocum Center parking lot is a convenient walk to the University of Oregon’s Autzen Stadium. By choosing to park at Slocum, fans are supporting high school athletic programs and teams.
The Slocum Foundation's Duck Parking Fundraisers have generated more than $30,000 each year for local school fitness and athletic programs. Proceeds benefit everyone from athletic supplies and equipment to capital improvements at schools and venues. In 2014, the list of participating schools was expanded to include rural and South Lane County programs. Fourteen schools will benefit from parking proceeds support in 2016.
The Foundation receives a portion of the proceeds to help support the expansion of age-appropriate physical literacy training and education in elementary shools across Eugene and Springfield communities. In partnership with the Lane Active Youth Consoritum members, the Slocum Foundation participates in a collaborative approach to getting kids moving! Early childhood physical literacy unlocks the potentail for life-long enjoyment in physical activity and enhanced athletic performance. Kids who are physically fit enjoy greater academic achivement and higher life-time earning potential.
In 2016, each parking space will be $20.00. Come early to support your schools -- the lot fills quickly!
2016 Parking Event Schedule for Duck Home Football Games (unless otherwise noted):
- July 24 - International Champions Cup, North America. FC Internazionale vs. Paris Saint-Germain. Hosted by South Eugene High School & Marist High School.
- September 3 - UC Davis Eagles. Hosted by Springfield High School & Thurston High School.
- September 10 - Virginia Cavaliers. Hosted by Pleasant Hill High School & Lowell High School.
- September 24 - Colorado Buffaloes. Hosted by Sheldon High School & Cottage Grove High School.
- October 8 - Washington Huskies. Hosted by Creswell High School & Junction City High School.
- October 29 - Arizona State Sun Devils. Hosted by North Eugene High School & Willamette High School.
- November 12 - Stanford Cardinals. Hosted by Churchill High School & Elmira High School.
Please note, in 2017, the Foundation will begin a lottery process for assigning hosting schools to Parking Events. A lottery is necessary to allow area schools who are not currently participating a chance to host in 2017.