Each year, the Slocum Foundation is overwhelmed by the scope of talent, academic achievement, and service-minded high school seniors living in our community. This year was no exception. For 2018, our competitive, one-time $1500 awards are going to six college-bound students who will be pursing academic interests leading to a health-related career:
- Elizabeth Contreras-Sanchez, Junction City High School, attending University of Oregon
- Faryn Dahlen, Cottage Grove High School, attending University of Oregon
- Anna Laptova, South Eugene School, attending Oregon State University
- Stephanie Mueller, Sheldon High School, attending University of Notre Dame
- Blake Nelson, Creswell High School, attending University of Oregon
- Lucas Schwin, Churchill High School, attending George Fox University
The Annual Slocum Foundation Scholarship Reception will be held at 5:00p, with award presentations at 5:30p, on Tuesday, May 8th on the second floor of the Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (55 Coburg Rd, Eugene).
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Slocum Foundation Board of Directors. Scholarship funding is made possible through the contributions of the physicians and surgeons at the Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. Applications for the 2019 scholarship cycle will be available in mid-January.