Each year, the Slocum Foundation is overwhelmed by the scope of talent, academic achievement, and service-minded high school seniors living in our community. This year was no exception. For 2019, our competitive, one-time $1500 awards are going to six college-bound students who will be pursing academic interests leading to a health-related career:
- Eliza Aronson South Eugene High School, attending University of Oregon
- Kate Bakken, Springfield High School, attending University of Oregon
- Hayden Banks South Eugene School, attending Oregon State University
- Taylor Bryant, Willamette High School, attending Northwest Christian University
- Savanna Kyser, Churchill High School, attending University of Oregon
- Nellie Shoemaker, Crow High School, attending Linn-Benton Community College
The Annual Slocum Foundation Scholarship Reception will be held at 5:00p, with award presentations at 5:30p, on Tuesday, May 14th on the second floor of the Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (55 Coburg Rd, Eugene).
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Slocum Foundation Board of Directors. Scholarship funding is made possible through the contributions of the physicians and surgeons at the Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. Applications for the 2020 scholarship cycle will be available in January.